Tiger Maple Pencil Post Canopy Beds are available as a special order item only due to the ever changing fluxuation in cost and availablity of curly maple lumber. Please call 281-826-2337 for current price and availability.
The first Tiger Maple Pencil Post Bed Shane made was commissioned by actor Tate Taylor. Tate wanted to recreate the furniture style of his Grandmother's southern home for his California King platform-style dense foam mattress. Shown with headboard style C. Optional Flame tapered legs, flame finials and brass bolt covers add the final southern flare. Hand-rubbed finish.
"It's been almost a year since my (tiger maple pencil post) bed arrived and I just wanted you to know that I love it as much if not more than when I first put it together. . .
Seriously, it is so beautiful and stunning and envied by all my friends. I travel a lot now and so hate sleeping anywhere else but on my bed. You are a true craftsman and should be very proud of the work you do."
Tate Taylor, Los Angeles, CA
Director/Executive Producer/Screenwriter "The Help"
View More Photos of Mr. Taylors' Bed
Handmade Tiger Maple Pencil Post Bed Details:
- 100% American made with domestic lumber from FSC certified suppliers
- Handmade tapered posts are 3 inches thick and 80H
- Twin is 44W x 82D.
- Full is 59W x 82D.
- Queen is 65W x 86D.
- King is 82W x 86D.
- California King is 77W x 90D.
- Distance from floor to top of headboard averages 48 inches and varies by headboard.
- Distance from floor to bottom of box spring is 13 inches.
- Distance from floor to bottom of side rail is 11 inches.
- Dimensions listed are approximations and rounded to the nearest half-inch. Final product may vary.
- Low VOC paints and finishes
- Easy 8-bolt set-up. Too good to be true? View our bed assembly video.
- Mortise and tenon rail and headboard joints.
- Sturdy, lightweight 1.5 inch thick side rails.
- Inset wood mattress slats.
- Center support brace included with queen*, king & California king sizes. (*Orders placed after May 1, 2011.)
Customize Your Handmade Tiger Maple Pencil Post Bed:
- Available in Twin, Full, Queen, King and California King
- Choose square or tapered legs.
- Select "Box Spring" support for your traditional mattress or "Platform" for your memory foam or futon mattress.
- Select from 6 headboard designs or contact us to discuss your custom headboard ideas
- Add ropes for Early American charm
- Add stamped or hammered brass bolt covers
- Available in your choice of 4 amber resin dyes on tiger maple. Colors are approximations. Each piece is made individually. Final product may vary in shade and degree of distress. Photo quality is affect by lighting and some colors look darker or lighter than they actually appear. We encourage you to purchase finish samples.
- Your handmade four poster bed can be further customized in a myriad of ways including:
- Changing the wood
- Changing the size
- Choosing your own finish
- View our custom furniture page for more information.
Shown from top to bottom:
Full-size tiger maple pencil post bed with headboad A, tapered legs
California king tiger maple pencil post bed with headboard C, tapered legs and platform supports
You have 6 headboard choices
- Close-up of bed bolt and mortise and tenon joints
- Center Support comes standard with your queen, king and California king sizes
- Choose from 3 Bolt Covers
- Add flame finials to your posts
Shipping Your Handmade Tiger Maple Pencil Post Bed:
- Each piece is handmade, one-at-a-time, by Shane Rodarte. Shane has been mastering his craft for a quarter of a century.
- Your deposit holds your position in our build queue
- 65% or more of the material used to pack and crate your furniture is reused or recycled
- Furniture ships common carrier to your curbside or driveway.
- Please call 281-826-BEDS for questions, current lead time and white-glove delivery options.
"This bed is the best investment we've made in a long time." - Roger Wallace, Arizona
Curly grain occurs in less than 5% of all soft maple trees. To enhance the exceptionally figured grain requires a 5 day dye and finish process. The rarenes the wood, and the patience required to work it, are reflected in the cost.
Design Your Handmade Tiger Maple Pencil Post Bed: