The pencil post bed is a graceful, elegant, simple form that compliments any décor, from modern to shabby chic to primitive. Your new bed will be handcrafted and custom finished to order
by Shane M. Rodarte in New Waverly, Texas. Shane has been making Shaker-inspired furniture, like pencil post beds for over 20 years. Your bed will be made just for you by a master furniture maker that has crafted beds for country music superstars, Early American traditionalists, and world-class Interior Designers.
Pencil Post Beds are handmade from hardwoods with solid wood 3 inch 8-sided tapered posts. Selecting from 6 headboard designs and 22 low-VOC finishes, the pencil post bed transcends all home decor styles. Pencil post beds are also available in cherry and tiger maple.
"The bed arrived and it is wonderful. We are so very pleased at the craftsmanship. All our friends are asking where we purchased this bed; and we are gladly telling them. This bed is fantastic, and so solid." - M. Grimmer, Austin, Texas
Handmade Pencil Post Bed Details:
- 100% American made with domestic lumber from FSC certified suppliers
- Handmade tapered posts are 3 inches thick and 80H
- Twin is 44W x 82D.
- Full is 59W x 82D.
- Queen is 65W x 86D.
- King is 82W x 86D.
- California King is 77W x 90D.
- Distance from floor to top of headboard averages 48 inches and varies by headboard.
- Distance from floor to bottom of box spring is 13 inches.
- Distance from floor to bottom of side rail is 11 inches.
- Dimensions listed are approximations and rounded to the nearest half-inch. Final product may vary.
- Low VOC paints and finishes
- Easy 8-bolt set-up. Too good to be true? View our bed assembly video.
- Mortise and tenon rail and headboard joints.
- Sturdy, lightweight 1.5 inch thick side rails.
- Inset wood mattress slats.
- Center support brace included with queen*, king & California king sizes. (*Orders placed after May 1, 2011.)
Customize Your Handmade Pencil Post Bed:
- Available in Twin, Full, Queen, King and California King
- Choose square or tapered legs.
- Select "Box Spring" support for your traditional mattress or "Platform" for your memory foam or futon mattress.
- Select from 6 headboard designs or contact us to discuss your custom headboard ideas
- Add ropes for Early American charm
- Add stamped or hammered brass bolt covers
- Available in your choice of 22 low-VOC painted and stain finishes. Colors are approximations. Each piece is made individually. Final product may vary in shade and degree of distress. Photo quality is affect by lighting and some colors look darker or lighter than they actually appear. We encourage you to purchase finish samples.
- Your handmade four poster bed can be further customized in a myriad of ways including:
- Changing the wood
- Changing the size
- Choosing your own finish
- View our custom furniture page for more information.
Shown from top to bottom:
Shipping Your Handmade Pencil Post Bed:
- Each piece is handmade, one-at-a-time, by Shane Rodarte. Shane has been mastering his craft for a quarter of a century.
- Your deposit holds your position in our build queue
- 65% or more of the material used to pack and crate your furniture is reused or recycled
- Furniture ships common carrier to your curbside or driveway.
- Please call 281-826-BEDS for questions, current lead time and white-glove delivery options.
"This bed is the best investment we've made in a long time." - Roger Wallace, Arizona
Order Your Handmade Pencil Post Bed:
Call Kandas at 281-826-2337 to place your painted pencil post bed order, or design your bed using our shopping cart below.