Painted Canopy Beds are handmade from solid wood 3 inch 4-sided tapered posts. Selecting from 6 headboard designs and 22 low-VOC finishes, the canopy bed transcends all home decor styles.
Dear All Employees at Shaka Studios,
"I am so elated to have won first prize in your photo contest! Thank you so much! We need a few more pieces of furniture to complete our vacation cottage-- possibly a cricket table, dining table and/or blanket chest. I can't wait to place my next order.
"I have to to tell you,...and it's the truth. One of the things we most look forward to when we stay at the beach, other than listening to the waves crash on the shore and the cool sea breeze through the open window is sleeping in our new bed. For some reason we sleep so much better in it than the bed we have at home. I'm trying to talk my husband into replacing our bed at home with another pencil post bed. Wish me luck!
"We own a beautiful New England Salt Box in Edmonds , WA furnished with primitives (but needing more). Thanks for providing the furniture WE LOVE!
"Looking forward to browsing your selection and presenting future photos of your pieces in our home."
Port Ludlow, Washington
Handmade Canopy Bed Details:
- 100% American made with domestic lumber from FSC certified suppliers
- Handmade 4-sided tapered posts are 3 inches thick and 80H
- Twin is 44W x 82D.
- Full is 59W x 82D.
- Queen is 65W x 86D.
- King is 82W x 86D.
- California King is 77W x 90D.
- Distance from floor to top of headboard averages 48 inches and varies by headboard.
- Distance from floor to bottom of box spring is 13 inches.
- Distance from floor to bottom of side rail is 11 inches.
- Dimensions listed are approximations and rounded to the nearest half-inch. Final product may vary.
- Low VOC paints and finishes
- Easy 8-bolt set-up. Too good to be true? View our bed assembly video.
- Mortise and tenon rail and headboard joints.
- Sturdy, lightweight 1.5 inch thick side rails.
- Inset wood mattress slats.
- Center support brace included with queen, king & California king sizes.
Customize Your Handmade Canopy Bed:
- Available in Twin, Full, Queen, King and California King
- Choose square or tapered legs.
- Select "Box Spring" support for your traditional mattress or "Platform" for your memory foam or futon mattress.
- Select from 6 headboard designs or contact us to discuss your custom headboard ideas
- Add ropes for Early American charm
- Add stamped or hammered brass bolt covers
- Available in your choice of 22 low-VOC painted and stain finishes. Colors are approximations. Each piece is made individually. Final product may vary in shade and degree of distress. Photo quality is affect by lighting and some colors look darker or lighter than they actually appear. We encourage you to purchase finish samples.
- Your handmade four poster bed can be further customized in a myriad of ways including:
- Changing the wood
- Changing the size
- Choosing your own finish
- View our custom furniture page for more information.
Shipping Your Handmade Canopy Bed:
- Each piece is handmade, one-at-a-time, by Shane Rodarte. Shane has been mastering his craft for a quarter of a century.
- Your deposit holds your position in our build queue
- 65% or more of the material used to pack and crate your furniture is reused or recycled
- Furniture ships blanket wrap delivery to your front door.
- Please call 281-826-BEDS for questions, current lead time and white-glove delivery options.
"This bed is the best investment we've made in a long time." - Roger Wallace, Arizona
Order Your Handmade Pencil Post Bed:
Call Kandas at 281-826-2337 to order, or design your canopy bed using our shopping cart below.